Saturday, May 1, 2010

My friend Sunil passed away this morning

It's his birthday today.

There's not much else I can say. I've been camped out at his wife's house since 130 am and am trying to do whatever I can. All women here: best friend, sister, and me. Trying to cope. Boxing up all the unwanted/unneeded medical equipment and moving it out. Making tea with whiskey in it. Cleaning. Making lists of people to call.

I have to admit, this is one thing facebook is good for- spreading the word to those we can't get to right away. It might seem a bit impersonal, but we just want everyone to know as soon as possible. Especially since it's his birthday.

Everything is quiet now. But I can't seem to sleep. There was a beautiful sunrise.

I am so glad he's free.

We'll miss you terribly, Sunil. Happy birthday wherever you are on this beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment